Monday, March 30, 2009

It is white again

I woke up this morning and the world was white again. The ash had all been covered by a new layer of snow. It was beautiful and clean. Once again I got to enjoy the beauty of Alaska, but I am ready for the snow to be gone. My husband took my children ice fishing. They had a great time. My husband has all the gear. An ice auger, small fising polls, a ice hut (so you can keep warm), he just bought that one last week, and killer bate. He took my son to the store to get the killer bate and McKinley couldn't help but get excited. They came home successful. McKinley came running inside with a sack full of small fish. I thought they were all dead. I placed the sack on the counter and continued to get the sink all ready for the cleaning of the fish. As I was doing this I heard a shuffling in the sack. There was a live fish moving in the sack. I jumped up and moved away from the sack, my son started laughing at me. He is only 4 and thought it was funny to see his mom get scared at a flopping fish. You would have to admit, seeing something moving on your counter would cause most people to jump back. Well I thought that I would now give you my awesome bread recipie. It is called Maple Apple Oatmeal Bread. I tried it last week and my family ate one whole loaf at dinner.

Maple Apple Oatmeal Bread
4 cups warm water
1/2 cups canola oil
1/2 cups pure maple syrup
2 T maple flavoring
2 eggs beaten
3 T yeast
3 T Dough Enchancer
3 cups Bread Flour
2 cups whole wheat flour( more flour will me needed later)
4 cups diced apples
2 cups rolled oats(oatmeal)

In you mixer thoroughly mix ingredients from water through 2 cups wheat flour. Contine to add flour until dough pulls away from the bowl. I Ran out of wheat flour so I just added more bread flour. It is about a cup or so more of flour. Then let it knead for 5-6 minutes on speed 2 in you have a bosh. I highly recommend one. Then add the apples and mix 2 more minutes on speed 1. Form into 2 loaves. Roll in rolled oats. I put the oats in a bowl and then just rolled the dough in the oats. slash the top with a baker's blade. Allow dough to rise until it is 2" above pan. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. You will get 2 huge loaves of bread that are really good. Let me know how it turns out for you.

2 comments:

  1. This is a really cool picture of a moose

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,this is an awsome picture.i cant believe dad got that close to that moose.tell dad never to do that again because it looked like it was going to kill him.

    ReplyDelete