Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Anatomy of Peace

I have just finished reading the Anatomy of Peace by the Arbinger Institue. It is a very insightful and enthralling book. A Jewish man and an Arabic man wind up together teaching. Both have lost their fathers in the never ending war that exsists
between these 2 groups. They have each learned some valuable lessons in life through their many struggles. They have a camp that parents send their wayward teenagers to, in hopes that they will some day get "back on track." But before the parents leave they have some valuable lessons to learn. How do they see people. Do they see people as people or do they see them as objects? Of course you say I see people as people but as you start to examine your actions more closely you begin to learn some very important things about your self and others. The examples and situations they use are very realistic and applicable to all of us. As I read this book I started to examine my own behavior and have learned a lot about myself. It is a very easy read because it is so enthralling. You can't want to see what is going to happen next. I would definately recommend this book to everyone. If you like this book you will also like Leadership and Self Deception. It is also writtten by the Arbinger group.

I have watched as the snow has started to melt. I can now see patches of the ground. How exciting that is to me. I don't think you can truly appreciate that sight until you have lived through a whole winter here in Alaska. Flowers will beging to grow and new life will emerge from the darkness of winter. Light is now present when I take my children to school and when I put them to bed. It is wonderful. My dauhter Eden continues to grow and I am excited to see her just starting to roll over. I also will have a 14 year old soon. I can't believe how fast the time flys. She has been an excellent girl but I will be happy when the 13 year old girl stage is over. I think it just gets better from here RIGHT? I know I am kidding my self but one can always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment