Thursday, April 2, 2009

Edible Easter Center Piece


This is sure to be a delight for everyone at your table. I made this cake just to see if I could get it to turn out like the picture and I did. I was so excited. A lot of times the picture looks ten times better then the one I make and I always wonder how they do it. Well this one will actually turn out just like the picture. The recipe suggests that you use carrot cake, but I think you can use what ever kind of cake you like. I just used a yellow cake mix. Make the cake according to the directions. Then do the following


1. Reserve 1 layer for another use or to make a second bunny. Cut 1 layer in half as shown in diagram. Put halves together with frosting to form body. Place cake upright on cut edge on tray.
2. Cut out a notch about one-third of the way up one end of body to form head (small end) as shown in diagram. Attach half of cutout piece from tail with toothpicks. Frost with remaining frosting, rounding body on sides. Sprinkle with 1 cup coconut. Cut ears from construction paper; press into notch on top. Use jelly beans for eyes and nose.
3. Shake 1 cup coconut and 3 drops food color in tightly covered jar until evenly tinted. Surround bunny with tinted coconut. Add additional jelly beans if desired. Store loosely covered.
I am sure you will have a fun time making this and get lots of comments on how creative you are. You can thank Betty Crocker for this one.

1 comment:

  1. Cute cake! My Mom had that same Betty Crocker cake decorating book and used to make that one for us.

    ReplyDelete